Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:41 pm 

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1781765126/ ... n-children
Quote:
PEORIA — While the bias of an advocacy group founded by parents of children with allergies may be called into play, Dr. Stephen Smart at Peoria's Allergy and Asthma of Illinois says allergies are, in fact, on the rise.
Way to start....bias. :roll: Although the article does get better. I wish though, that there would be more discussion on knowedge in our schools. It sure is getting talked about in the media...and that is a good thing. :thumbsup :banana :happydance

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:54 pm 

I love the comment after the article! There are so many speculations as to why there are so many allergies now but none of them have been confirmed and in my opinion many do not fit.
germs - my family certainly were not very germ conscious when I was a child, we didn't always wash our hands before eating
Breast feeding vs. formula - I was breast fed and I'm sure many of your children were too!
Too early/too late introductions to food - has been disproved by doc (article is here somewhere)
Natural selection - my favorite! I guess all of us are not meant to be here, but if this were true epinephrine would not have been invented!

Quote:
It has been speculated that the germ frantic folks who disinfect every surface and object around them are part of the problem. The immune system has to practice on something and without a few common germs it practices on food or other objects the child has contact with. To make it worse when these kids do venture out into the world they have no defense against diseases because their body never had a chance to build a natural immunity. This is another example of mass hysteria generated by an industry that sells disinfectant products. Scare the sheep into buying. I realized how far we had sunk the other day when I saw a man in Kroger wiping down his cart. Usually this idiocy is reserved for gullible women.

Allergic to: Tree nuts, percocet, toradol, environmental allergies and chemical allergies
Migraines caused by scented products, barometric pressure