You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:34 am 

This is very interesting. In some cases things sure seem to get twisted around.
http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/story/2 ... ks-debate/

This is one of the many comments.
Quote:
ashamed4U from South Grafton on 3/6/2011 at 1:07PM said
The information that has been published in this article is incorrect. There is absolutely no "egg ban" at South Grafton Infants School. There is a child whom which attends this school who has a severe case anaphylactic reaction to eggs. The school however has sent home letters educating parents about the severity and seriousness of anaphylaxis. Also the school is suggesting consideration from the parents on what food their child/children bring to school. This is NOT a ban. The school has put in "monitoring" measures of the children that are sitting in the vasinity of the child with the life threatening egg allergy at lunch and recess times. Teachers do NOT take food off of children if they contain egg. Teachers do NOT segragate children and put them in rooms on their own if they have something in their lunch that contains egg. If a teacher does become aware of a child eating a product containing egg in the close proximity of the child with the life threatening allergy to eggs, that child is merely moved away from the child with the allergy. They still sit with ALL of the other children. And a teacher just makes sure that they wash their hands correctly after they are finished eating. I am very disappointed with the false accusations that have been made against this school on this matter. These false accusations are very serious and should not be taken lightly.
This caught my eye because it's called "Allergy before eggs"....but I find it interesting how things get a little crazy sometimes with any allergen

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I am so upset over these comments...South Grafton PS is a wonderful school that supports all children and at no time are ANY children isolated because of food allergies. There are plans in place to manage these things and staff are vigilant at ensuring the safety of all. The school has not banned any food they have simply asked for parent consideration.

Um, do they verify their sources before posting/printing? I don't think so. :roll:

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb