Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:30 pm 

http://cfjctv.com/story.php?id=5481
Quote:
School District 73 has called a special meeting of the board of trustees Thursday to address anaphylaxis training for teachers.

Something to do w/job action...are B.C. teachers talking that business again? Here as well, maybe this kind of thing (anaphylaxis) should be looked at more like this. I wonder what is happening in the other B.C. School divisions?

I just poked around a little and that district sure has a nice looking policy.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Oh dear, I hope they don't mess it up! :frightened

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:37 pm 

Yeah, it could be TOO GOOD!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

:rofl

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm 

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/2011 ... -on-appeal
Quote:
Lambert believes the board would like teachers and the province to explore a tiered definition of essential services. She said this is found in health care, with some tasks deemed more important than others.
She doesn’t believe this will work, as all levels of education are equally important.
This is not true, as in the case of training staff regarding the safety of our children. Accidents do not go on strike....and is not training an "administrative procedure" or what? Of course, that would differ in each province and this article is B.C. but then again, in other provinces....what a mess.

Looking at things from "allergy coloured glasses" always is a little different but interesting...I wonder what is happening in other districts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 pm 

We are in vancouver district 39, and our public health nurse still conducted a staff training for anaphylaxis on the first day of school. This was requested by me in June and had the date set out before school let out. I'm unsure of what other schools/districts are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:34 pm 

Alison's Mom wrote:
We are in vancouver district 39, and our public health nurse still conducted a staff training for anaphylaxis on the first day of school. This was requested by me in June and had the date set out before school let out. I'm unsure of what other schools/districts are doing.
I tried to do that once here (plan ahead)...we had a brand new school so I was kind of looking forward to having it done right....it was horribly handled for a long time and probably unless a parent gets involved I would bet that for the most part it is largely the same everywhere. I was so disappointed, but it sure got me motivated. :mrgreen: & then when I saw how it was handled... :verymad so now I am here and twitter and a paper here or there and on the Alberta School Council Associations' website and the Alberta Education Getting it Right and I'm probably forgetting something, but I sleep better at night knowing I have done something.....and actually I'm beginning to find the whole political thing with education and health very interesting. The more I learn the more I want to & then the whole union and business thing is all fun & games to me as well... this one issue and look what it involves. And what really gets me going is that it's children lives at stake & should be an easy fix when it involves the education system. VERY IRONIC :banghead