Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:24 am 

Revolutionary skin patch could free thousands of sufferers from peanut allergy

Quote:
Scientists have developed a skin patch that could conquer deadly peanut allergies.

The stick-on patch is packed with tiny traces of peanut protein and could help thousands of people affected by life-threatening reactions to the popular snack.

Quote:
The patch contains a deposit of peanut proteins (the antigen). DBV says the condensation chamber allows the release of soluble proteins and enables hyper-hydration of the skin making it easier for the proteins to enter the skin

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z22xrklyfl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:35 am 

Thank you for posting! Another promising treatment!! I feel very hopeful that a cure or treatment is just around the corner. It will be interesting to hear of the results of this international clinical trial a year from now.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:31 pm 

That concept is interesting....because i sort of think this is how my son may have become SENSITISED in the first place to peanuts...we used to cover his very dry=pre eczema- skin in PEANUT OIL CREAM (I cringe at the thought that they can actually sell that! and believe it or not I got it from the hospital I used to work at (its now banned after someone-me! years later when I knew better- found it in a room of a patient known to have anaphylaxis to peanuts)

I never put anything on my boys skins now that contain 'food' oils.

cheers

j-avoids peanut, sunflower, pineapple all ana-sensitised to maccadaemia.pecan.Passed barley (previous ana) last year...out grew egg ana and peanut at 3 years..became re sensitised with ana at 6 years to peanut.