You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:17 pm 

My neighbour is a principal in a school in a out of my district. I spoke to her today about my struggles to work through my district's anaphylaxis policy with the principal in my son's school. She told me that principals all over British Columbia are trying to work on ways to have a positive policy, and it has been the topic of conversation on their dedicated listserv as of late. One policy in particular is being pointed to as a model. It is at http://www.sd36.bc.ca/Board/Policies/Policy%20Manual%20in%20PDF%20Format%20-%20A%20Memos/A%20Memo%209610.pdf Now, I like it too -- it has a balance to it and it says avoidance is important, whereas the present policy my district uses does not. So I wonder how we can let these principals know that we would love to have a talk with them about these issues, and that we want to work with them and not against what they want to do?? Of course I told my neighbour this. . . we will see where it goes.
Caroline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Contact your local school board. I googled and got this:
http://www.sd36.bc.ca/index.asp
Go to contact and send an e-mail. Tell them your frustrations and concerns and that you understand that they are concidering revising their policy.
Offer them your unique perspective and request that they inform you of their board meetings.
You can attend and possibly speak as a ratepayer. This is your schoo board after all, they should be interested in your feedback.
Good luck! :)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb