* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Sabrina's Law in BC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:21 pm 

Adams*mom wrote:
Pamela Lee wrote:
I'm wondering if there is anyone else in the Vancouver/BC region that is interested in working to get Sabrina's Law passed here? The best way to go about it is to have as many people as possible contact their Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) to let them know how important this is.

hello, Pamela....I am a mom of a 7 year old boy in Vernon, BC...I am interested in becoming more active in educationg schools, and being a part of passing the Sabrina's Law too. I have no ideas where or how to start, maybe this is the start.....connecting with others in BC with the same interests........... Adams*mom

Hello, Thank you for your information. I contacted our local MLA's office (Tom Christensen) and I now have a meeting set up sometime next week to speak about Sabrina's Law for BC. I need documentations and information to give the MLA, and I don't know of anything I could print off from the computer to give him. Does anyone have some specific sites that are short and to the point that I can present to the MLA???

Post subject: Re: Sabrina's Law in BC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:22 pm 

Adams*mom wrote:
Pamela Lee wrote:
I'm wondering if there is anyone else in the Vancouver/BC region that is interested in working to get Sabrina's Law passed here? The best way to go about it is to have as many people as possible contact their Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) to let them know how important this is.

hello, Pamela....I am a mom of a 7 year old boy in Vernon, BC...I am interested in becoming more active in educationg schools, and being a part of passing the Sabrina's Law too. I have no ideas where or how to start, maybe this is the start.....connecting with others in BC with the same interests........... Adams*mom

Hello, Thank you for your information. I contacted our local MLA's office (Tom Christensen) and I now have a meeting set up sometime next week to speak about Sabrina's Law for BC. I need documentations and information to give the MLA, and I don't know of anything I could print off from the computer to give him. Does anyone have some specific sites that are short and to the point that I can present to the MLA???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:26 pm 

Adamsmom,

I'm not sure if you saw this because it was under "saskatckewan"

http://www.ontla.on.ca/documents/Bills/ ... 03ra_e.htm

Also, the latest edition of the anaphylaxis canada newsletter has some info on teachers and their comprehension of their training. The fall edition had some really good stuff on schools too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:04 pm 

I think it is absolutely fantastic that this new law, Sabrina's law, is going to stretch out across the country. The ball is now rolling and it can't be stopped!! :D Having this law, or one like it, in every province, will send a strong message to everyone that anaphalaxis is not all in our heads - it is real and it needs to be addressed in every school for the safety of our allergic kids. This will be a unifying law that honors the life of that young girl. Isn't it a shame that often someone has to lose their life before others understand the severity of the situation! My hat's off to all you who are now seeking to get Sabrina's Law in your own province. Be encouraged that it is only a matter of time. The precedent has been set!! Go for it :!: :!: :!: :!: