You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Friday was the last day of school before school break and the students were handing out cards and small gifts.
My daughter came home with a candy cane and a photo copy of the ingredients label. I think the teacher is really trying hard to meet us half way. Thankfully, our daughter doesn't like candy canes (unless they are cherry flavoured). She admitts that it would have been hard not to eat the candy if it was something hse actually liked. :roll:

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:51 pm 

good to hear that the teacher is making the effort with your daughter.

i was very impressed with my daughter's teacher - she gave the whole class the same gift - a small noodle box that contained stickers, pencils, a notepad and a safe lollipop.
She had attached a sticker on the bottom, stating that it was an 'allergy-friendly' gift. (I think it was a message to the non allergic parents - more so than us as she had checked all the items with us before including them)
This lady has gone out of her way this year and we are so very grateful. She had 4 children with LTA in her class and from speaking to their parents, none of them felt excluded in any way.
Here's hoping that next years teacher is as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:42 am 

Those are great. I'm really pleased with DDs teacher this year. Granted it's her first teacher, but a great introduction to school. I hope it's something that continues.

We decided that I'd make 80 gingerbread cookies for her class & her reading buddy class to decorate. I provided the cookies and the 2 teachers bought the safe icing & candy based on my list.

Two days in a row DD also came home with candy canes that other parents sent in. The teacher does have a box of safe treats just incase, and she told me she thought about giving her a treat from the safe box but said the candy canes looked safe. She also included the labels both times. It was nice that she did that and they were infact safe. Like susan luckily DD doesn't like candy canes because it's just not something I want her to get used to. So we traded anyways.

2 yr old DS -no known allergies!