You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: pizza day
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 am 

I have decided that I don't like pizza days!!! :roll: I know most parents are excited about them because they don't have to pack a lunch but for me it is a pain. Our school has one hot lunch day a month-alternating pizza and hot dog. I haven't made a fuss about it because I know the school makes money from them but I know it is stressful for my son. He feels uncomfortable with all of the dairy around him. I make him a dairy and wheat free pizza, which I think are horrible and hard but he likes them. Yesterday I spent all morning making a new crust that looks and tastes better but he didn't like it.( He was pretty rude about it!!!) It upset me all night because he said that now he wouldn't bring anything and didn't know if I should make another one after his behaviour. But of course at 6:00 am this morning I got up and made the crust he likes so he wouldn't be left out. So this morning I was cursing the hot lunch day. I now have to heat up his pizza at home and bring it. (If I don't, it is too hard to eat)The teacher didn't like it when we asked her to at the first pizza day. :(