You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Field Trips
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 pm 

I am not sure why he brought "allergies" up at all......the child that would be going of mine has no "life-threatening" allergies that we know of and I wouldn't know if any of the other families are dealing with allergies or not.
I was very surprised and don't like the impression given when that was said....and the only reason I can think he said it is because of my past experience with the school division regarding the issue. The following is part of a letter I received from the superintendent dated 27 April 2009
Quote:
It has recently come to my attention that in the past several weeks you have made a number of inquiries of various personnel within the Parkland School Division Office. These Queries have included information regarding upcoming meetings - dates/times/locations; whether or not Parkland School Division has a dress code for the staff within the Division Office; whether anaphylaxis is considered a Special Need. While Parkland School Division apreciates the engagement of community members with respect to supporting their child(ren) in their educationsl programs by requesting appropriate information, your queries have become repetitive, trivial questions, which ultimately are wasting the time and resources of our Staff. Staff have spent countless hours on the phone and in person chatting with you, in an attempt to be politely responsive to your queries. We do not however have resources to continue to respond to your vexatious inquiries.

I had a lawyer respond.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Whoa! :freak :scratchy :confused :dungetit ... :verymad :evil:

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:26 am 

This whole thing still upsets me....I still feel the blood drain out of my face when I read it.....at first I thought it must be a joke.....it said it came via Registed mail.....but it didn't.....I was so shocked.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Dis you speak to someone at the Ministry of Education?
I know you know about this: http://education.alberta.ca/admin/healt ... /aair.aspx
and
The AAIR resource is part of the Safe and Caring Schools Initiative:

Safe and Caring Schools

Alberta Education supports schools that are safe, caring, orderly, positive, productive, respectful and free from the fear of physical and emotional harm. For more information about the Safe and Caring Schools Initiative, visit: www.education.alberta.ca/teachers/safeschools.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:14 am 

:rofl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:20 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:
Whoa! :freak :scratchy :confused :dungetit ... :verymad :evil:

Hey Susan, the above.... :verymad :evil: I hope those are not directed at me... I will try to explain more....I guess I'm just not sure where to start.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 am 

:verymad :banghead 100% of the emoticons are at the School Division's letter. That is mind boggling.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

walooet wrote:
:verymad :banghead 100% of the emoticons are at the School Division's letter. That is mind boggling.

What she said!!! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:34 pm 

Thanks for the support, you guys....I've been holding that back for a long time. I will tell the whole story with the links on the papertrail....it might take awhile...but then again....I got nothin' but time this summer.....maybe more if it doesn't quit raining. Susan, where should I put it? Over here, I guess viewforum.php?f=48 but which thread?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

I'd put it under schools and start a new thread. You can name it whatever you want (I name it by the issue and not the school) you can also place a link to that thread in any other thread you feel applies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm 

:goodidea Susan....I am going to do that. On a funny side of this.... :rofl .I went on our divisions website and was going to copy some stuff from the archive (which used to have years back to 2006 ish maybe?) and now it only has the last couple of years. :roll: It is a good thing I was very comuputor illiterate back then and printed all that off...the paper and the ink I spent $ on. Looking back...priceless! :thumbsup Good thing I type well....and enjoy it.