You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Dd tells me ast night that the Father's Day activity is to make a card and make a version of that chicken roaster thingy where you shove half a can of beer/juice up the chicken...I know what I'd like to do with the can and it doesn't involve a chicken! :rofl

I know that I can easily swap out the juice can for another safer ingredient, that's not the point. Having the teacher tell me very literal child, "You have to drink half of the juice...". Um, please don't tell my child she has to drink/eat anything. (yes, she is that literal Smiley )

Anyway, I promised her that I wouldn't say anything...I think she worries that my actions might make the situation worse. I don't really see my actions having any impact since this is her second year with this teacher!!!!! :banghead :verymad

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 pm 

Ummmm, what happend to making a paper tie?????

Quote:
I know what I'd like to do with the can and it doesn't involve a chicken!
:rofl WHY is her teacher so hell bent on food crafts this year?

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

I told dd that even though we could find a safe juice, I'm not so sure that the paint finish on a beverage can was meant to be inserted into food and baked.

We're so worried about BPA in plastic and lead in paint...how do we know what's in the can's finish? That is why I haven't tried this recipe!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Just placed a call out to:
Bureau of Chemical Safety
Health Products and Food Branch
Health Canada
Sir Frederick Banting Research Centre
To see about the cans finish... 'cause that's just the kind of person I am! :popcorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:01 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:
'cause that's just the kind of person I am! :popcorn
That's a part I really admire.

The schools here didn't seem to do a whole lot for Fathers or Mothers day after the kids are in about grade 4 I think...and that's ok w/me. Some families have very different situations and it must be very hard for some of those kids.
Quote:
"You have to drink half of the juice...".
Good thing they aren't doing the beer recipe.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

Teacher hasn't signed the agenda since May 30Th and there's been no homework for over 7 weeks... :roll:

I called the school to ask the teacher about the fieldtrip on Monday...aparently I am going and supervising students but no one bothered to tell me. I wanted to ask about how I am to get out there since I don't drive.

I think the teacher was scared to talk to me, I was on hold a loooong time and the principal picked up "the wrong line". (I have a great raport with the principal.)

I'll bet the teacher thought I was going to light into her about the chicken thing but, naw, I like to be friendly once in a while. It keeps them on their toes!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:
Dd tells me ast night that the Father's Day activity is to make a card and make a version of that chicken roaster thingy where you shove half a can of beer/juice up the chicken...I know what I'd like to do with the can and it doesn't involve a chicken! :rofl

I know that I can easily swap out the juice can for another safer ingredient, that's not the point. Having the teacher tell me very literal child, "You have to drink half of the juice...". Um, please don't tell my child she has to drink/eat anything. (yes, she is that literal Smiley )

Anyway, I promised her that I wouldn't say anything...I think she worries that my actions might make the situation worse. I don't really see my actions having any impact since this is her second year with this teacher!!!!! :banghead :verymad

I maybe missing something but your dd made a chicken with a can of juice inside it at school for a father's day gift... :dungetit

Allergic to: Tree nuts, percocet, toradol, environmental allergies and chemical allergies
Migraines caused by scented products, barometric pressure

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:45 pm 

I'm with you Sarah, :scratchy I must add that after having had a glass of wine then re- reading this craft idea it becomes even more puzzling - and entertaining! :rofl
(Travis...where is my wine drinking emoticon????????)

Why can't kids just draw and glue and paint and use pipe cleaners for crafts any more???????

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

I sure hope none of the fathers are vegetarians... :roll: