You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:40 pm 

I'm very excited about a new product manufactured by Kraft. I LOVE bagels with cream cheese, and I have never been able to find a sesame-free bagel. Therefore, we never buy bagels, and we simply never eat them. I've just discovered Kraft Bagel-fuls (I saw a commercial on TV the other day, and decided to investigate it further.) The ingredients are all safe, and we tried them today, and I was really pleased with them! Don't be put off by the look of them... they look like a Twinkie (this is so the cream cheese can be held in the centre of the bagel, and can then be toasted without creating a big mess.) We ate them straight out of the fridge without toasting, and they were great! We buy very few prepared foods, but we really enjoyed these!

Bagel-fuls are found in the freezer section of the grocery store where all the breakfast items are located. The instructions indicate that you can keep them in the fridge when you take them home up to 2 weeks (or keep them in the freezer for long term storage). They come in a box of 4, and the cost per box is about $2.60 - not too bad I thought. They come in 4 flavours: Original (plain cream cheese), Chive, Strawberry, and Cinnamon. So, as I said, I was pretty excited about this, so I bought all 4 flavours! We all really liked the Original and Chive, the kids also really liked the cinnamon, but no one in our family enjoyed the Strawberry (I'm sure some people enjoy this flavour, but it was not to our liking). I found the Bagel-fuls at our local Walmart, and also saw them at SuperStore, so it looks like they can be found anywhere.

Here are the ingredients of the Original: enriched wheat flour, water, cream cheese (milk ingredients, bacterial culture, salt, xanthan and/or carob bean and/or guar gum), brown sugar, sugar, malted barley extract, corn extract, yeast, salt, wheat gluten, corn flour, soybean oil, l-cysteine hydrochloride, ammonium sulphate, calcium sulphate, hydrogenaated soybean oil, xylanase enzyme, ascorbic acid, calcium peroxide, calcium iodate, azodicarbonamide.

Let me know if you like them! (or don't like them)

I'm going to post this in the Shopping section of the forum as well.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses