You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: allergies in Manitoba
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:02 am 

Are there any support groups for parents of children with allergies in Manitoba? Does anyone want to start one? It would be great to have a playgroup where i'm not the onlu one watching my kids fo reactions and symptoms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:52 am 

Hi Evelyne!

While I have yet to find a group that meets in person, there is MAIN (see contact info below).

I haven't found a playgroup either, but agree that it offers some comfort to have other parents in the same boat to meet with. Please check your private messages for my email address. Maybe we can connect our 3 year olds to play sometime!

Marla

Manitoba Anaphylaxis Information Network (MAIN)
Nancy Boni
mainmanitoba@shaw.ca
654-2676

*Self: allergic to penicillin

Post subject: Count me in!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:04 pm 

Hi! I have a 2 & 5 year old & I would love something like this. Let me know if you decide to meet!

DD 4 YRS (asthma)

Post subject: Interested too!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:42 am 

Hi there,
If you did get together, is there still room for another Wpg Mom with a 2.5 year old with similar allergies? If not, I'd definitely initiate it. I live in the south east end of the city and would love to at least email or get together. Some new faces but Moms that TOTALLY relate.
Please let me know. Jenn
My email address is jrtumber@shaw.ca if you'd like to reach me.

7 mth old son-no known allergies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:57 pm 

MANITOBA ANAPHYLAXIS INFORMATION NETWORK (MAIN)
Ph: 204-654-2676 Email: mainmanitoba@shaw.ca
(a sub-group of AAIA)

January 2009

Greetings from MAIN!

I hope you and your family had an enjoyable and safe holiday season.

I am happy to inform you we will be holding support group meetings over the upcoming months.

On Tuesday Jan 27, 2009 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm we will hold an open support group meeting. This will be an opportunity for parents to exchange ideas and tips for coping with life threatening allergies. Through the sharing of experiences we can feel a sense of support and less like we are alone in facing the many challenges we are presented with.

On Tuesday Feb 24, 2009 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm we will have a guest speaker, Dr Michael Teschuk, a psychologist. He will give a presentation titled “Vigilance without Fear: Helping Children Cope with Life-Threatening Allergies” and be available to answer questions. Admission is free and all are welcome to attend.

Meetings will take place at The Gray Academy at 123 Doncaster Street (Room 110).

Enter the building through the main doors of the Asper Jewish Community Campus located at 123 Doncaster Street. Free visitor parking is located across the street from the doors. Upon entering you must check in with the security desk and provide identification.

The Gray Academy is located off Kenaston Blvd near Academy Road. For a map go to: http://www.grayacademy.ca/about_visitin ... tions.html

Call me with any questions.

Nancy Boni
mainmanitoba@shaw.ca
1-204-654-267

Daughter 22 yrs allergies to peanuts,nuts,sunfower,sesame,banana,kiwi,soy,fish,seafood,mustard,mushrooms & horses, cold induced urticaria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:15 pm 

MANITOBA ANAPHYLAXIS INFORMATION NETWORK (MAIN)
Phone: 204-654-2676 Email: mainmanitoba@shaw.ca
(a sub-group of Allergy\Asthma Information Association - AAIA)

April 2009

Greetings from MAIN!

MAIN will be holding a support group meeting on Tuesday April 28, 2009 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm.

Our topic will be on strategies to reduce the risks at school/day care for children with life threatening allergies.

We will have a short presentation followed by a discussion and an opportunity to share ideas on ways to keep our children safe while at school or day care.

This meeting will take place at The Gray Academy at 123 Doncaster Street (Room 110).

Enter the building through the main doors of the Asper Jewish Community Campus located at 123 Doncaster Street.

Free visitor parking is located across the street from the doors.

Upon entering you must check in with the security desk and provide identification.

The Gray Academy is located off Kenaston Blvd near Academy Road.

For directions go to: http://www.grayacademy.ca/about_visitin ... tions.html

Call me with any questions.

Nancy Boni
mainmanitoba@shaw.ca
1-204-654-267

Daughter 22 yrs allergies to peanuts,nuts,sunfower,sesame,banana,kiwi,soy,fish,seafood,mustard,mushrooms & horses, cold induced urticaria