Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:52 pm 

I JUST discovered NU WORLD FOODS today: http://www.nuworldfoods.com/default.asp

Here's an excerpt from their website:
"Our foods are GLUTEN-FREE and FREE OF THE MOST COMMON ALLERGENS (NO DAIRY, CASEIN, EGGS, WHEAT, CORN, RICE, SOY, OATS or NUTS) and are delicious additions to gluten-free, allergenic, vegetarian, heart healthy and all around health conscious diets. All of our products are amaranth-based so provide lots of fiber, protein (with an excellent balance of amino acids), iron and calcium as well as a wide variety of other vitamins and minerals."
Quote:

Their labelling also indicates that products are made without things like sesame and sulfites.

As our daughter is also ana to sesame, I called as per our usual practice. I was very comfortable based on our conversation and THRILLED to discover that their entire product line should be suitable for our daughter. As part of their allergen policy/practice, they have written allergen statements from their suppliers as well. The allergens are not used or permitted in the production facility.

I am usually hesitant to make recommendations, but we (not our daughter) tried some of their snack products today and they are tasty!

Hope this is good news to someone else too :)