You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:25 pm 

:evil: So not happy right now. After over 2 yrs of having my allergy shots at my family dr's office - I can no longer have them there. Granted, they've moved offices, and amalgamated with another office - but come on now. Before they moved, they were saying it was going to be "better hours, better services". Fine, some better hours (some evening hours), but the lack of being able to have my allergy shots there = boo booo :banghead :banghead :banghead :verymad :verymad . Needless to say, I was left scrambling over this past week (spring break) to try and finangle something for my allergy shot this week - finally got ahold of my allergist (who was away for spring break) and she fit me in today. But SHE isn't impressed either. She was NOT happy that the receptionist suggested that I go to a walk in clinic for my shots - especially with my history (I have a lovely risk of going systemic with the allergy shots - did it at least 4-5 times during build up).

So, anyone want to help me write a letter to my family dr and the clinic that he has amalgamated with in regards to this issue??

Dawne

DD (2003)- ana to mosquitos (risk all stinigng insects)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

You may want to read this from the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Quote:
A. Individually to the Patient
Principles of Practice

The doctor-patient relationship is the foundation of the practice of medicine. It reflects the values of compassion, service, altruism, and trustworthiness. Trustworthiness is the cornerstone of the doctor-patient relationship; without trust a good doctor-patient relationship cannot exist.

Physicians have a fiduciary duty to their patients—because the balance of knowledge and information favours the physician, patients are reliant on their physicians and may be vulnerable. The patient must always be confident that the physician has put the needs of the patient first. This principle should inform all aspects of the physician’s practice.

Physicians are expected to make their patient’s needs the first priority, but accomplishing this requires a broader focus than the direct physician-patient relationship. In order to meet individual patient needs, physicians should consider their contributions to their individual patients, but also to their own practice, the community, and the health care system. Physicians hold a respected position in society and, in return, they have responsibilities. Physicians should never forget that their primary responsibility is to the patient standing before them, either individually or collectively.

http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies/guide/de ... ty+of+care

I know that patient abandonment is very serious in nursing, not sure how it is viewed regarding doctors.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb