You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:20 pm 

I may or may not have just spent $50 on their site haha.

http://www.vermontnutfree.com

I'm going away on vacation soon, and I was worried about not getting enough protein so I bought nut free protein balls, tofee and another type of chocolate too. Apparently it's all really good, and they're very good with different allergy concerns. Everything is peanut/tree nut free and they have info on dairy, gluten, sesame, etc.

The shipping is only $8.99 as opposed to http://www.peanutfreeplanet.comwhere the shipping itself is $33 to Canada...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:58 am 

I have had their protein balls before and they are great. So easy to keep in your purse in case of emergency (chocolate emergency!); very handy for a quick energy source and quite tasty too.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am 

I know I have posted here before about vermont nut free chocolates. Now I have never had the protein balls but I have ordered their boxes of chocolates. :thumbsup
When I got that first order that I placed (tried ever kind I could have :oops: ) I had tears because I had never had a box of chocolates. Keeping in mind I never grew up with all the labeling we have now. Big thumbs up to Vermont Nut Free. :thanksign Love that chocolate.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 am 

Yay! you guys have me so excited to try this! I ordered yesterday, do you remember how long it took to get to you?

I'm excited for these protein balls. Chocolate with Sunbutter mmmm. Non-deadly Reeses haha.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:37 pm 

We have ordered several times and I love their products. Another bonus for Cdns is they ship Cdn orders from Quebec, so no duty charges. Yay.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:07 am 

I think they were quite reasonable-maybe a week to ten days. Do you want to hear my funny vermont nut free/post office story though? I've ordered many times with no problems, but one time, it seemed to be taking forever. I called the company and they told me when it had shipped and gave me a tracking number. When I called Canada Post they said it had been delivered. I told them it hadn't, so they said they would check it out. They called back to say, "The postal lady left it on your doorstep two days ago." I replied absolutely not and was a little upset, because when I order from there, it is usually over one hundred dollars :oops: They responded that they would look further into it. Do you know that within 24 hours it was on my doorstep. I believe the postal lady was keeping it for herself and waiting to see if I reported it missing. Its says "chocolates" right on the label!