* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:54 am 
Site Admin

I sent the following e-mail to my daughter's principal yestarday:
Quote:
Thank you to those who have kept our child safe and included over the school years!

I want to thank each and every teacher and administrative staff member who have continued to help manage my daughter's allergies in their class, school etc. From the custodians who ensure the desks, doors etc are as free from allergens as possible, to M for keeping track of the forms and Epipens, to the teachers who must re-vamp lesson plans, to the administration who conduct annual anaphylaxis training for the staff all the way over to the school board for continually updating school safety processes and ensuring that all students feel safe and accepted at school!

I am quite active in the allergy community and I am so glad to see that my daughter, while having severe (anaphylaxis) allergies to several foods and having had too many anaphylaxis reactions to count as we learnt of each allergen, she has never had a reaction while at school. She feels safe and accepted at school and by her classmates. I want to acknowledge the difficult task and effort that goes into caring for a child with this life threatening disability. I hope that you will continue this effort for years to come.

Thank you!

I also sent this to our Superintendant and Trustee. The principal sent me an e-mail of thanks yesterday and she actualy hugged me today!

I feel that everyone should be held accountable for following the processes and I am outspoken in that area but we also need to let them know how much we appreciate what they do right.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Here is a great audio slide show video for children by Dr. Michael Pistiner MD, MMSc. It's a fabulous tool that teachers can use to teach students about why they can't bring in certain foods:
http://www.allergyhome.org/schools/food ... hool_kids/

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb