You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:06 pm 

I know I have a handful of allergies, especially Nightshade related. :frightened That even includes this guy :banana
Anyhow we (my daughter, wife and I) were sleeping peacefully last night when I woke up gasping for air. I couldn't breathe. Hoping a drink of
water would help... :scratchy No. I really started choking. My wife tried the heimlich on me. :cry: Only helped for a moment. I rushed to the phone and called 911 while I could and explained I was choking. The operator asked if I felt a burning sensation. I did. She told me to leave the house immediately. We all did. Fire, ambulance and police arrived. This was about 2 AM. :dungetit By this time my wife and daughter were complaining of burning sensations too but it helped when we went outside. The verdict? Some prankster sprayed bear spray through an open window and it went through the house. Me, being the one with allergies felt it first and most severely.
What I want to know is what are the symptoms of an.... anna something shock and could I have been starting to have one?
if so how do I deal with this in the future? (I can eat hot peppers in small doses but I am aware that they are Nightshade related and wonder if this may be past my breaking point.) I've never had it like this before and am really puzzled and concerned about my experience.

-Sean

:thanksign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Have you seen an allergist? They will help you determine the severity of your allergies and whether or not you are at risk of developing anaphylaxis.

For information on Anaphylaxis http://www.allergysafecommunities.ca/pa ... p?catid=13

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:04 pm 

No I haven't seen an allergist. This has never been a problem until .... Friday the 13th :!:
While I have known I am susceptible to related allergies, peppers have never really been a problem for me. :verymad
This is extreme of course :? And sorry if I go overboard with the smilies :damnedcomputer but there aren't many forums where I get to goof off with them.
I do plan on making a sudden trip to my doctor on Monday though :goodidea to get his input.
I used to say that I was allergic to the chemical reaction when graphite was mixed with paper in hopes to get out of doing school work.
Unfortunately I needed a doctor's note and so it didn't get very far since I made it up. :oops

-Sean