You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:17 pm 

Go up to turn lites off, etc. and there in DD's new purse(opened, right there) are her 2 epi's :frightened not only that, I have neglected to take one to the school :frightened :frightened so I have now returned. Did a little asking while I was there....no training this year, maybe last year, not sure(no records kept) I know they had a public nurse in the year befor that because I asked them to and was there (with lots of imput) The teachers all clapped for me at the end. :huggy Was told today I don't have to fill out paperwork cuz they don't need it done annually....but I questioned that so the principal will look into it and get back to me.

I asked what kind of training they remembered having (thought for sure the thing the alberta gov. touted out last sept w/the catholic division would be mentioned....you know that training internet thing....nope, in fact since there are no records kept....my bet would be that the last one was the one was the one I asked for and attended. :banghead :banghead

Met one of dd's teachers (who has the biggest nicest smile) and told him he is not to smile at her today and why. Could be difficult....he's a fav. of hers and thats one of the reasons why. jmo...but some people could learn alot from him....

This letting go part is so hard....trusting that a kid with the frontal part of her brain readjusting will remember this every day is not the easiest thing to do....but I will...for the most part she is great....in fact...the other nite at the sleepover, she forgot to mention to the adults before they retired to not cook eggs in the am please and so she left a note before she went to bed. :thumbsup

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:08 pm 

more venting.....what is the big deal witn "annual training for all"? this just seems not to hard to ask for...

Did anyone see the John Stossel report on education the other night? He and others taked about "the BLob". ...man, do I get that. I had a trustee once tell me that not everyone wants what I want. Well, I've yet to meet a parent that doesn't want the people that work with their children to be trained for emergency situaltion. :verymad :verymad

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

Wow! :frightened

How does this reconcile with Allergy and Anaphylaxis Informational Response (AAIR)? :banghead

I think you need to ask your school trustee. :popcorn

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:47 am 

Is this just your school or all Alberta schools? :frightened
Do you think like stubborn kids they are messing with you are really do have training but are just acting like they don't care as they think the allergy talk is bothersome. I am 100% on your side, don't mis read my comment, I would be asking the exact same questions. :huggy Just wondering if they are power tripping is what I meant. I guess it is so hard to believe they can be SOOOOO lacking from other school boards, provinces. :banghead WHY wouldn't teachers WANT all the training, education they could get when it comes to saving lives. :scratchy

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:56 pm 

Alberta. I keep thinking about Alta's system or lack of regarding anaphylaxis. What happens to kids who's parents aren't like you and keep on the schools???? Your kids are very lucky that you are their mom and advocate for them non stop. :thumbsup :huggy

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm 

Completely agree with BC about Alberta :huggy. Many other kids must be benefitting from your advocacy as well alberta!

We have our annual training at my high school next week with a public nurse and as well, one of our professional development days will be first aid recertification for the entire staff. Way to go Manitoba :thumbsup