You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Growing Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:58 am 

I Had a fairly mild reaction to egg whites when i was young but could have products containing eggs with no problem, cakes, pancakes etc etc and recently have found out that i have a very slight reaction to milk. The reaction is so slight( with skimmed milk especially) that i have continued as i was before. What are the chances of making the milk allergy worse by continuing to have it and also what are the chances that i will outgrow the allergy, i am 19 years old. Another thing, Is there any chance of having outgrown the egg white allergy? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:35 am 

You should really talk to an allergist, but I'm sure there is the possibility that you have outgrown the egg. It certainly does happen with children - many are said to outgrow egg allergy by age 5. At what age did your egg allergy develop?

There is also likely an equal possibility that you have developed a milk allergy. I don't know what to say about continuing on consuming it. I would get an appointment and get some expert advice.

We had an allergist talk to our support group last night and he said that those who develop allergies as adults are less likely to outgrow the allergy.

K.