You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Merrick and allergist
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:20 am 

Here in the USA :roll: our wonderful health insurance doesnt' cover all of the medicines that you get. Our monthly cost for oldests allergy medicine is close to 100.00 that we don't have. So I found on the merrick drug company website where you can apply for free singular. With out singular my oldest has trouble walking down the popcorn ilse at the grocery store. She can't go into church when we have potlucks. If she ingests milk products by accident due to miss information she would need her epi pen. With singular she is well protected. But because her RAST test and her blood test came back negitive for milk allergy the doctors seem to be acting weird about it. Her allergist signed the merrick papers only after I had a berak down of emotional tears. He said she didn't NEED :twisted: singular. What quality of life is that going to give my daughter. Do I need to bring a peice a piece of cheese into the office and make her eat it infront of the doctor so they bellieve us. Or does she need to have a life threatening experiance. Sometimes I could just cry :(

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Does your daughter have asthma? I always associated singulair with asthma.
Here is what I read about Singulair:
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-8277-MO ... ulair+Oral
Why would your Dr think she doesn't need this medication because of a milk Rast test? Does the Dr think she is not allergic to milk anymore? It's not like an oral challenge was done.
I have heard that medications can be very costly in the USA. Have you investigated Partnership for Prescription Assistance?
https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php
Quote:
The Partnership for Prescription Assistance (toll-free, 1-888-4PPANOW; www.pparx.org) is the only source that provides a single point of access to the more than 475 patient assistance programs, which include more than 180 programs offered by the pharmaceutical industry. The PPA educational effort is supported by America’s pharmaceutical research companies working with doctors, pharmacists, health care providers, patient advocacy organizations and community groups. More than 70 major national organizations, including the American Academy of Family Physicians, the National Urban League, United Way of America, Easter Seals and the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, are involved in the campaign. PPA now has more than 1,200 local and state partners located throughout America as well.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb