Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Philly swirl products
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:05 am 

Hi

I saw that a few people on these boards have tried the philly swirl products. They note on the website that all the products are peanut/nut free, gluten free, egg free, etc and some of their products are dairy free.

Has anyone with a dairy allergy tried these products? It seemed that most of the people who had tried them had peanut or nut allergies but not dairy allergies. Just wanted to make sure they are a trusted brand before we try it out

Thanks!

Me allergy to morphine only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:16 pm 

One of the owners has a daughter that is allergic to dairy. (she was born after they started the company, ironically). The guy's very aware of dairy allergies, and lets his daughter have their iced desserts.

me - seafood,, oral allergy syndrome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:43 pm 

We just found them at our local Gatineau Costco. I had heard about them years ago on another forum, and was pleased to see them. My guys like some of the flavours but not all of them. I have been meaning to call but haven't had a chance, and had heard such good things on this other forum that I decided to trust the labelling.

Anyway, we have had no problems, except as I said, the kids don't like all the flavours. They love the apple one, and the cherry-melon one, but not so much the strawberry banana one or the other (flavour escapes me at the moment).

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 pm 

Thanks. I found my local grocer sells them so I am pretty excited. It is always a nice moment when I can find food at the regular grocery store to feed him!

Me allergy to morphine only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:04 am 

When we had a place in Florida, it was a special treat for the kids. We were almost around the corner from the manufacture, but, although we had an invite to visit, we never did.

Not all flavours were good, and it was usually high in artificial colouring. One year, they had a product that was all natural. I loved that product! But they had to discontinue it, they were not able to sell it to the grocers. :twisted:

me - seafood,, oral allergy syndrome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:37 am 

When they first decided to declare *peanut free* *gluten free* etc., Alex (one of the co-owners) spent time at web-sites actually talking to people about what would be required to make the foods safe. I know that for the *peanut free* labelling they do get the product tested independently. I don't know about the other *free* labelling. I don't even know what testing is available.

If you want specific details, e-mail them (there is an address on their web-site). Alex usually responds quickly. And, when I asked about an allergen that is not listed, he took the time to investigate whether or not his product was safe for me -- he did not just assume it was.