You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 pm 

I saw this product advertised in a grocery flyer this week. I was looking at the company website and they have many products that my daughter could have. Even though they have some nut products, it seems that they have a clear plan for dealing with allergens.

http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products

We have never liked the soy based yogurts so I am wondering how the coconut ones taste. Anyone tried these yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm 

I quite like their plain yogurt, but found the strawberry and blueberry to be a tad sweet for my liking (just my opinion though, others may like sweet yogurt.) I LOVE their coconut ice cream! DH is a fan of the coconut coffee creamer. Unfortunately for us, the closest store that carries them is about an hour away, but when we go to the city we always stock up!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

I have a real hard time finding plain yogurts in my area. We find the flavoured yogurts too sweet as well.

I haven't tried the coconut yet but I will look for it.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 am 

We have tried the plain and strawberry flavours and my daughter loved both. I found them at our local "your independent grocer".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm 

I have looked into this product, and found out that all their products are basically run on shared equipment, so I won't try it. The only yogurts I have found in Canada to be in a completely dairy/egg free facility is Yoso brand. They mostly make soy yogurt, but they do have a couple of coconut yogurts too, chocolate and vanilla flavours I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:39 pm 

I might have posted too soon. I took another look at the website, at the allergen chart. Based on the Kosher-DE and Kosher-Parve, it appears some products are made on dairy equipment, but the rest are not. I went back into my email from last year that I had gotten when I contacted Turtle Mountain, and it actually appears that they make some products at a dairy free facility (which processes product with peanut) and some at a facility with dairy. When I initially inquired into the products, we thought my son had a peanut allergy (misdiagnosed). So at that time, I knew we couldn't safely have any of the products, because of the dairy or peanut. But when I sent my original post I had forgotten that the peanut was the reason we couldn't have some of the products, I assumed it was all dairy related. So I did just send a new email to the company to find out if the Parve products are in fact produced in a dairy-free facility. If so, only the Greek-style yogurt would be safe for us because we avoid products made on shared lines as much as possible, even with cleaning procedures. Crossing my fingers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:17 am 

if you've had real yogurt then it's gross. My daughter, who is allergic to everything eats the plain and vanilla happily. The strawberry and blueberry use carrot so we haven't been able to try it.

Husband: allergy to Peanuts and nuts