Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New to this messageboard
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:07 pm 

Hi everyone,

I am mother of a 3 year old with milk allergies. She was diagnosed at 9 months, but we did not realize the severity of her allergy until she drank some cowsmilk at a family function and I had to give her the epipen on the way to the hospital.

I really need to talk to other parents in the same situation. I am stressed out about it a lot of the time and need to know that I am not alone in this situation...

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:27 pm 

Hi Laura!
You are definitely not alone. There are many of us who are dealing with life threatening milk allergies in our families. My daughter is four and a half with allergies to milk, eggs and peanuts. This forum will be an excellent resource for you. There are lots of discussions in the forum about milk allergies. Dealing with a milk allergy can be difficult at times but it is manageable. Sometimes I gain perspective when I read about others in the forum dealing with even more allergies than ours. We subscribe to the magazine, Allergic Living and are members of Anaphylaxis Canada which send out quarterly newsletters. Receiving these publications helps me to feel connected to others with allergies also. If you have specific questions or are looking for products or recipes - post a new topic. Someone will help you. Welcome.
Kate