You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:32 pm 

Hi everyone!! I am so happy to have found this forum. I have 4 children (10, 8, almost 3, and 9mths). My almost 3 yr old was recently diagnosed as being allergic to tree nuts and shellfish. This is so new to us, and my first child doesn't have any allergies, my 2nd only has environmental allergies, and now this. I have so many questions, and I am looking forward to learning from many of your here. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:21 pm 

Hi Bobbi - and welcome!

I noticed that you're from Ottawa. If you're interested in a local support group, I'm also the leader of the Ottawa Anaphylaxis Support Group.

More details at http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=599 .

:) K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:51 pm 

Thanks so much Karen! I actually did get your name from Darryl, the President of the Paramedic Associaton of Ottawa. I emailed him with some questions, and he gave me your info, which is actually how I ended up on this forum! He has been so helpful, as we are new to all of this. I will definitely be checking out your other website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:00 pm 

Hey - that's awesome. I'm a huge fan of paramedics, and Darryl and his team have been a great resource to our group. :)

We will be having a support group meeting at the new Paramedics HQ in April 2007. Our OASG website will have details soon.

And we'll have one with paramedics for the kids in the spring too I hope. Still have to set that up.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:06 pm 

The one with kids will be great. My older kids are a little confused by all of this. They are 10 and 8, and it is my almost 3 yr old with the allergies. I have a 9mth old too, and will be having him tested as soon as I can. He has eczema, and lately been getting face rashes, so not sure what to make of that.

We had to use the epipen yesterday for the first time, and my two older ones were pretty scared. This has been quite the learning experience for us all. I will be joining your organization, and will have loads of questions, I am sure!