You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:47 pm 

All chocolates from Laura Secord have "may contain" warnings. Lots of nuts in their stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:12 pm 

We got a Playmobile magazine this week and there are Advent calendar play sets advertised. I do not imagine these contain candy. Our children are just getting into playmobile and it is great. I have not seen these advent sets in a store or looked them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:02 am 

I was thinking of making my own. I was going to go to Michael's and see if they have any Christmas molds and then melt peanut/nut free chocolate chips into them. That way we have a craft to do and goodies to eat as we countdown to Christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:37 am 

That's a really cute idea, laurensmom!

Self - Allergic to housework only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:08 am 

I went to Starbucks to pick up the display, they were kind enough to give it to me for free, so let me know if you want it, Joelle and I'll send it to you.

When I was there, they pointed out that the advent calendars are nut free. They do say "may contain traces of wheat". They would be reusable, so even though they would cost a little more, you would have it forever. They are little boxes, stacked up to make the shape of a tree - each box is about 1" square.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:04 am 

Is this the tree Pamela? Looks cute http://www.ssb9.net/users/48235/advent1.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:26 pm 

Gem posted under Recipes and Cooking that a company from England called "Kinnerton" makes a peanut/nut free calendar, available at European specialty stores.

You can order from outside the U.K. They have a luxury plain chocolate that is nut free, dairy free, egg free and gluten free.

Here is the link to the Website's FAQ:

http://www.kinnerton.com/faq.html

And here is the link to their nut free section:

http://www.kinnerton.com/nutfree.html

It's a really cute website. If you go to the home page, it kind of reminds me of Willy Wonka.

Self - Allergic to housework only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:47 am 

Yes, those are the advent calendars they have at Starbucks. The one they gave me has more green in it. I looked on the ingrediant list and they are milk and dark chocolate truffles - they do not have nuts but they have dairy, and may contain wheat.

I thought they would be cute to put little toys in, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:18 am 

katec wrote:
We got a Playmobile magazine this week and there are Advent calendar play sets advertised. I do not imagine these contain candy. Our children are just getting into playmobile and it is great. I have not seen these advent sets in a store or looked them up.

That's what we have and we really love it. See my post at http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1664 .

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:22 am 

Hey all - I'm going to close this thread and point everyone to the Shopping one so that we don't have too much duplication of effort and clicking. :)

Go to http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1664 for the other thread.

(And I will point people from there back to here so that they don't miss the good ideas here!)

K.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2