You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:38 am 

I just wanted to thank the people who put this magazine and Chat forum together! You guys must realize what a relief it is to be able to talk to others about allergies and not feel like you've grown two additional heads during the conversation! Thank you so much for providing us with the tools we need to help ourselves and our children feel like we are not alone and we can find answers!
Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Robin - Wow, what a lovely note. Thanks so much and you are most welcome. It's fascinatiing to see people beginning to meet, greet and swap tales/info. I'm not too much of a presence on the site right now - got that magazine to prepare! - but can't wait to get in and chat more.

(fyi, I'm adult onset: shellfish, soy, probably peanut [mixed results on retests].)

We've got some great stories coming up in the mag, so do tell others with allergic kids about us. We're hoping to spread the word, and get even more people involved on the site.

see you around! cheers, gwen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:48 pm 

I was absolutely overwhelmed by your magazine. As Canadians, you should be extremely proud of this accomplishment. It almost brought me to tears to see something so well done, proffessional and thorough. It is about time and you couldn't have done a better job. The topics are diverse and hit home with our family issues. We have asthma in both children and my 11 year old has suffered anaphylaxis from peanut/nuts since he was 1 1/2. He was thrilled to see the magazine too and suggested a kid's page would be wonderful.

I have put a note in our June school newsletter asking those interested in subscribing to visit your website. Our school is very proactive in allergy awareness.

Again, I cannot even thank you enough. I wish you every success and can't wait for the next issue.

Lucchese Family, Courtice, ON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:09 pm 

I also want to add a huge "THANKS!" for putting together such a great magazine and this fantastic forum for all of us to share information and exchange ideas! Our family is extremely grateful to have access to this information, and to chat with others living with this same condition. I'm very impressed with the magazine's launch issue, and found the approach to this life-threatening condition to be very positive and hopeful. Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:54 pm 

I met Gwen the author of the magazine at the Expo...she was a lovely lady. The pride she shows in her commitment to getting the word out is reflected in the magazine. I just received my copy today and am impressed with the layout, the photography, articles and mostly with the content. Being a Canadian magazine of course is the icing on the cake (wheat free cake that is LOL)
I am looking foward to the next magazine and am hoping you will all see me and my hubby in it. We signed wavers to have our pics published...we are keeping our fingers crossed we make the issue.
Thanks again for the great read.
Sue

Post subject: Post topic
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:14 pm 

I am very impressed with the mag.
It is colorful, well written and educational, entertaining and all.
I was very pleased with the articles; I read most of it last night-I was so thrilled!!!!!!!!!
One article reminded me of my childhood "I'll never forget that day in Grade 2- and that nut filled chocolates" by Janet French.
The article is on inthe Ask the Allergist that hit home "question My son wants to be a chef?"
I know my family will be pleased as allergies are now recongised as a real disorder!!!!!!!!!!
This is super Congrads to you all. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:24 pm 

Everyone's comments are so nice! It means a lot. Thanks so much.

Post subject: Excellent Read
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:40 pm 

I finally read all the articles. I have very much enjoyed the mag.
My GP told me they really liked the copy I gave them and I saw it on the table with all the other magazines today.
Very well put together and a nice layout and easy to read. Congrads to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:54 pm 

I cannot thank you guys so much for the wonderful magazine. My two year old was recently diagnosed with the peanut allergy as well as some others. When I first left the doctors office I thought all questions were answered. BOY WAS I WRONG. The more I looked for info the more questions came up and the more confused I became. Your magazine helped answer so many of my questions and gave me the web sites to help learn more. I hope to become an open speaker about this allergy as time goes on. It helps to know that I am not alone. I look forward to getting my subsciption soon. Thanks again.

Lost Mom in New Brunswick,
Lysa, Riverview, NB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:24 am 

Thanks for taking the time to say nice things!