You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:30 pm 

Thanks for trying! Again, their message was inconsistent, and they don't seem to have a way of tracking these concerns on computer. That makes me personally hesitant to try their spices at all. When my dh heard the rep say that the spices he'd bought (one of them was whole black peppercorns) were produced on a line shared with sesame, but without a 'may contain', he was also concerned about buying any other spices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:01 pm 

After my conversation with Loblaws (posted here: http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1523 ) , I'm inclined to think that that's what's going on with Compliments products as well. They monitor for "adequate controls" of cross contamination and if they are in place, no labels for cross-contam. Again -- while they'll supply the information about allergens processed on the same line or in the same facility -- if "adequate measures" are in place to control for cross-contam., no warning label. It's also reminiscent of my conversation with the McCormick spice people -- they don't put any "may contains" on their spices because they have strict manufacturing procedures in place.
I think what it comes down to is trusting manufacturers. Do you or don't you? It's so hard because we're having to trust them with our lives and the lives of our loved ones. Not like there is room for error. I think what we are starting to see with these larger corporations, is a move toward more responsible manufacturing and labelling practices -- which is ultimately what we want. They're moving away from the practice of just slapping "may contain" statements on goods for fear of lawsuits, etc. and stepping up to managing the risks. We just have to step forward and put our "trust" in them -- which is hard to do when they are strangers to us and because there really is so much at stake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm 

thanks for the info..

assurance vie