You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: East Side Mario's
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:48 pm 

We were at East Side Mario's last night for perhaps what was our last time. Every time we go, we check their binder with the list of ingredients to make sure their recipes haven't changed and that we can find safe food for our little guys. He could eat the whole wheat linguine All of their other pastas have traces of egg.

The waiter informs us that they have discountinued the whole wheat linguine and after searching for safe foods (only the steak and phylisteak with raw veggies), he informs me that their bread contains egg. I'm very surprised by that, I have checked the ingredients so many times including last night and no egg is listed. He brings the box to me and not only does it contain traces of egg, it also contains traces of soy and traces of sesame. These are not listed in their binder. I am putting this out there to inform others who might need to know this.

In the mean time we will be searching for a new restaurant to go to once in a while!!

Denise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:53 pm 

Denise -- just wondering if you brought this discrepancy between their ingredients binder and the food packaging to the manager? What about an email to head office? That is just dangerously scary -- I would think that they would be grateful for your input!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:05 pm 

Hi Ethan's Mom

Most definitely, I was speaking with the waiter, the chef and the manager when I was checking out the box and comparing it to the binder. They agreed that it was something that needed to be addressed. I stressed the possible risk to those with allergies. I was given the phone number for head office as well as a comment card that I will fill up and follow up with.

Denise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:16 pm 

Just linking these two threads: http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=794