You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:21 am 

I also posted this in the "Travel" section at http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2095 , but in case anyone here misses that post... here it is again! ;)

Hi!

I'm a 20 year old University Student who would absolutely love to go to Japan for a year and teach english. However I feel extremely uneasy about living in any Asian country as I have a life threatening peanut allergy. So I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Japan and what it is like in terms of awareness etc with peanut allergies. In Canada I guess we are pretty privileged with the current rising awareness of food allergies in general and the growing caution that society is beginning to take, but I have no clue what it is like in Japan. I've asked a few people who've lived there but none of them have allergies, and as I'm sure you can all bear witness to: nobody really appreciates how easy or difficult an allergy is to live with in a place other than those with them!

So please, any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

[Edited by moderator to include link to original post.]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]