You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:25 pm 

My son is a picky eater, and I don't know if it's about his allergies, or just because he's 3.5 years old and most kids his age are picky eaters anyways.

For example, he hates green peas, but would eat peabutter for every meal if I let him.

I'm trying to not fight every meal about food, but some days, it's tough because he refuses to eat what I put in front of him -- he hates trying new food -- and will only eat a peabutter sandwich.

And yes, like ethansmom, my chest gets tight and I get hyper-tense every time he coughs or makes weird noises when he's eating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:08 pm 

I know what its like liveing with allergys, its a nightmare everyday. And you know its mostly self inflicted. I hope someday I'll be able to overcome my food allergys but its sure not looking to good. I'm allergic to eggs, penicillin, flour, dairy. I'm sensitive to toothpaste, vinegar preservatives. I forgot peanuts I'm also allergic to. I love to eat, its the great canadian pastime, you know at parties and at get togethers, i'm always the one with carrot sticks and meat as long as it isn't breaded. Well I didn't mean to sound off but I never get to talk about it, no one wants to listen. Thanks for the ear. snoins