You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Delta :)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:40 pm 

Hey all. I just wanted to share with you a great experience I had with Delta airlines recently. I was flying from Toronto to San Jose Costa Rica with a lay over in Philly with US Airways. However my flight got cancelled and I was rerouted on a Delta flight to San Jose through Atlanta. To my horror on the way to Atlanta the entire plane was served peanuts!!! Luckily it was a short flight. I've had terrible expereinces with airlines before so i was dreading talking to the desk staff at the layover. However when I did they went above and beyond to make sure my flight to San Jose was peanut free. The desk staff got both the head flight attendent and the ground crew in charge of catering to come speak to me and let me know that all the peanuts had been taken of the flight. They then proceeded to make several annoucements at the gate asking passengers on the flight to discard any peanut products they may had because of me. And the best requirement (or perk, depending on how you see it) was that they cleared the entire last two rows of the airplane for me to sit in so that I would be suer not to be near anyone eating nuts!!! It was quite a comfy plane ride let me tell you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:46 pm 

That's fantastic Sherlock! I'd drop their customer relations department a letter of thanks. If you can include your flight number and details you'll have a better chance of recognizing those individuals who went above and beyond to help you. Another added bonus: maybe they change their peanut policy because of your letter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:00 am 

I just sent them a letter actually. I'll post a respons if and when I get it :)

sadly i dont have the flight info though since it was a re-route...

Post subject: Delta
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:29 pm 

My family flew Delta last March break (2007) from Buffalo to Florida. My five year old is severly allergic to peanuts and treenuts. We told them of this when booking and again at the gate. To my surprise they continued to serve peanuts and just avoided several rows in front of and behind my son (4 or 7 rows - I can't remember). I was shocked! Luckily they were two shot leg flight and I didn't want him going to the bathroom or touching anything. Hard for a 5 year old. I won't be flying them again.