You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 am 

Here's a post from the m210.org website from Cathy:.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:08 am Post subject: Front Page of May 8 Sun and Page 3 of May 8 TC!

Quote:
I am up quite late and just noticed that the digital editions of the Sun and Times Colonist were available for viewing. I was excited to see Pam and her Son not only on the front page, but also on page 2 where the article is continued (link below to article - link does not provide the pictures, but I will upload a copy of the pictures from my digital edition)!! All of you should feel so proud for having accomplished so much!

I viewed the stories on both CH News and A Channel, and will hopefully upload them later today. I don't recall at the moment which channel it was, but the Bill M 210 story was followed by an anaphylaxis-related story. The story covered the experience of a Victoria General Hospital employee who suffered severe reactions to sandwich items offered for sale at a kiosk within the hospital. Having two anaphylaxis-related stories back-to-back will hopefully serve to keep this issue in the foreground, and perhaps prompt it to be a "water cooler topic" in offices tomorrow.

May 8 Vancouver Sun

May 8 Times Colonist

Photos of Pam and Arron from page 1 and 2 of the May 8 Vancouver Sun

Cathy

Sara Shannon and Laurie Harada are meeting with Shirley Bond, the Minister of Education at 9:00am today, and then with another Liberal MLA who has a strong interest in educational issues, John Nurraney at 10:30. Think good thoughts for them between 9:00 and 12:00 pacific time. This is first meeting any representatives on anaphylaxis have been been able to have with Minister Bond, so it is a pivitol meeting.

If you live outside of BC or Ontario, and you would like the same awareness for your children in the rest of Canada, make copies of all the media we are getting and take it to your government representatives to show them it is of HIGH importance and we need awareness across the country.

The media links seem to only last a day or two and then they can be replaced with "fresher" news, so print off what you can find ASAP. That is what happened with Gwen's excellent piece in the Times Columnist, by the time I tried to print it, it was unavailable, and so someone esle was able to locate it somewhere else in the internet and we had to cut and paste.[/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:14 am 

Here's the links:
Cool! We are on page three of the Times Colonist!

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolo ... 55c47cb288
I especially like this quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Education Minister Shirley Bond acknowledged yesterday that she is concerned about inconsistent school policies on allergies across the province.

We are also on the front page and page 2 of the Vancouver Sun. This is the first major coverage of our efforts in Vancouver (besides yesterday's awesome radio show) so we are very excited!
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 2c&k=13040
(I need to learn how to do smaller links -- is there a crash course on how to do that, lol! I should ask Cathy how she did them!)
And here's Pam and her son:
http://members.shaw.ca/allergies/Pam&Arron.html
Thanks to Cathy for finding these articles and photos!

Caroline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:15 am 

Here is the story from the Sun as I know, from past experience, that these links will disaper: here is the start of the article, please be sure to print it if you want to keep a copy.
[quote]Parents, kids rally at legislature to back bill protecting food-allergic students

Chantal Eustace
Vancouver SUN

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Last edited by TZ on Tue May 08, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:17 pm 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Pamela, Aaron, Caroline, Cathy and everybody who has worked to get this Bill passed. What an incredible buzz!! Great media coverage - way to go, everyone!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]