You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: SOY MILK MAKER
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:11 pm 

I HAVE FOUND A MACHINE TO MAKE SOY MILK AT WWW.SOYAJOY.COM I HOPE TO RECEIVE IT THIS WEEKEND FROM MY DAD WHO LIVES IN THE STATES. IT WAS $90 US AND FREE SHIPPING IN THE US. I THINK THE SHIPPING WAS ABOUT $10-15 US TO CANADA. EVERY NOT ALLERGIC TO SOY MIGHT FIND THIS A GREAT MONEY SAVER. It said that it could make soy milk for about 10-15 cents a litre as opposed to the $2.00-$2.50 price in the stores. It also makes rice milk, almond milk, and tofu and soy yogurt. I will write back about this more next weekend when I have tried it out. Also noticed them on ebay and other independent sites, no big department stores yet.

Post subject: UPDATE ON SOYMILK MAKER
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:13 pm 

I have now had the machine for a month and after the first batch (even though it says you shouldn't drink it) I was put off by it. It came out to $118 Can from $90 Us on credit without border crossing as my Dad brought it across for me. Now that I have made more of an effort to practice with the machine, (I have found the beans dried at the bulk barn (a chain) for about 10 cents a batch, it is almost like commercial and we split it 50/50 with the commercial stuff and my daughter enjoys it with chocolate syrup, although I only put in enough to change the colour( what does a 2yr old know). I highly recommend this machine to anyone who is in the position of having to buy commercial milk at the crazy prices. I run all over when it's on sale to stock up and now have to make a batch every 1-2 days as a family of 4 goes through it fast. It also makes rice, almond, and other natural milks although I haven't tried it yet.