You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:58 pm 

I developed grass allergy when I was 23. It is my only allergy! This year I am really bothered with it even with taking extra strength reactine. The pollen count says moderate but it feels high to me. Maybe the windy days that we have been having is making it worse. My daughter is also having trouble this year. My son might even be grass allergic. My daughter saw his runny nose and she said,"K has allergies!" I think she was excited that he was now really a part of our allergic family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:10 pm 

Both hands are raised!! :wink:
I've been out of my mind with itchy eyes, nose and throat this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I'm starting to think our daughter has hayfever as well as her food allergies!
I'm hoping that it's just a summer cold but...it's all allergy symptoms :roll:

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:07 am 

My hayfever is most definitely severe this year, but I couldn't tell you if its worse than previous years. Every summer it feels worse, but I think that's only because current symptoms seem worse than remembering symptoms in the past.

But I'm in the U.K., could be that pollen levels are different here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:29 am 

Most definitely. My eyes are pouring every morning and I'm very stuffed up. My poor son is worse than I am. I've never seen him this bad.

I'm really looking forward to ragweed season!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:06 am 

My youngest started with the itchy eyes a few years ago. Each year seems to be worse. This year he has literally scratched the skin off his eyelids a few times.

I don't want to over-medicate, but it's hard to give enough without to much.

He was tested last year and came back negative to environmentals that he was tested for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:13 am 

My son was also have a lot of problems, and frankly, we do medicate a lot (but not before consulting our allergist). He has been on Reactine (double the dose - allergist say okay), Nasonex nasal spray, plus his asthma meds - Singulair and Flovent. Once we added in the Reactine and Nasonex, he seemed to feel much better.

We also have eye drops (Patanol) but he doesn't need them that much - and kind of resists them. But he does have itchy eyes once in awhile as well.

We are now laying off the Reactine unless he seems to need it, but he still seems to have a runny nose quite often.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:27 pm 

OOooh Yah!
My daughter is having a really hard time. We started her on Singular this year which seemed to make the world of difference. She was sleeping and everything. But that only lasted for a week. No we're also giving her Reactine, which doesn't seem to being a great job either. Feel sorry for her since it's reallly effecting her sleep too. We just bought an air purifier for her room and it seems to be working a bit better.

This is the first year we've known about her grass allergies but the light bulb sure went on once we found out. Makes a bunch of stuff make more sense now.

J

2 yr old DS -no known allergies!