You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:32 pm 

Mamma bear got all ready to get defensive about bringing food/snacks in. I know most places want you to picnic outside, and that is fine, but the park is so big and a 3 1/2 year old tummy so small that I was ready to roar...
Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that while they were telling everyone one around us "no food" and sending them either back out with it or confiscating it, I opened our medical pack and said I wanted to take some items in due to anaphylaxis. No questions or hassle. Cool.

Not quite Hall of Fame as I saw others with home packed allergen laden foods... and of course it is scary with all the ice cream/pizza everywhere (contact for dairy - eek!) but I was also really happy - we had a good day on the kiddie rides and not even a single hive or any itchiness! We usually can't escape places without at least needing Benadryl administered...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:15 am 

If you read the information on the map booklet it actually does state that *special diet* food is allowed. We bring snacks in the backpack and so far have never been questioned. Could be the two medic-alert bracelets and the three epi-pens we carry. :lol: We do actually go out to the grass outside the fence to eat our lunch though.

Glad you had a good day there.