You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: bread recipes for oven
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:12 am 

does anyone have one that they can post?

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:11 pm 

Does that mean you do not have a bread machine, or you do not like the way the bread comes out of it? I use bread machine to mix the bread, then often cook it in the oven.

Also, I think I have a recipe for bread made in a slow cooker. I've never tried it, so I have no idea how it is. I'll try to find the book and see if there are traditional bread recipes in it as well.

Edited to add: Although recipes from recent cook books should not be posted on a forum, it is OK to send a copy to one individual by either pm or e-mail. At least I think it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:15 pm 

I hav e a bread machine but i also have 6 kids and a loaf of bread from the machine lasts 2minutes in our house. I have reacted to every bread I have purchased so I am thinking of making bread in large quantities

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject: homemade bread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:53 pm 

this is bread I make for our family, it gives you 3 big loafs
6 cups of flour that is safe for you
4 cups warm water 4 teaspoons of salt
3 teaspoons of yeast
mix everything together(I have kitchen Aid mixer and indeed is Aid), let it sit for 1-2 hour, then mix it again, cut in 3 peaces and form them the way you like, I bake them in corninware, grease it little bit (I use grape seed oil), let it sit again for 1-2 hour(cover it with cloth), and when you think is risen enough bake it on 350 F for 45-50 minutes.
it is not so hard, you can add spoon or two of ray flour,or corn flour or sunflower seeds, anything that is safe for you
I hope it works for you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

I really liked this recipe! Next time, I will double it as the loaf was small and was eaten too quickly!
Amish Bread
"This a sweet and simple white bread recipe that's great for sandwiches."
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
1/4 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon yeast

Place all of the ingredients into the bread machine in the order given. Select White bread cycle; press start.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:08 pm 

Here are the two recipes I use. Both are easy and very tasty, the whole wheat recipe below makes great hot dog buns.

Whole Wheat

2 tbsp. yeast
1/2 cup water
1 3/4 cup scalded milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp . salt
3 tbsp. shortening
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups white flour
2 eggs (I use - and double- my egg replacement 3 tbsp. oil, 3 tbsp. water, 2 tsp.baking powder)

Run tap water until hot, put into bowl and sprinkle yeast on top (let sit 10 min. until foamy)

Scald milk, add shortening, sugar, salt.

Add 1 cup whole wheat flour and one cup white flour to milk mixture, add yeast mixture.

Add remaining flour, dough should be soft but not be sticky. Add an extra 1/4 or 1/2 cup of white flour if dough is sticky.

Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease dough surface, cover with a teatowel and let sit 1 hour.

Knead and made into buns or loaves (grease pan) , let sit 1 1/2 hours. bake 400 approx. 20 min (for buns), approx. 45 min for loaf

White Bread

1 tbsp. yeast
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup hot water

1 beaten egg (or egg replacement - 1 1/2 tbsp. water, 1 1/2 tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. baking powder)
1/2 cup oil
2 cups warm water
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
6 cups (approx. flour)

Run tap water until hot, put 1/2 cup water in bowl, sprinkle yeast and 1 tbsp. sugar on top. Let sit 10 min. until foamy

In a large bowl add egg (or add replacement), add oil, water, salt, sugar- beat well
Add in 1 cup flour then stir in yeast mixture. Add remaining flour until dough is soft but not sticky.

Let rise 1 1/2 hours, knead and make buns or loaves (grease pan). Cover with a teatowel and let rise again 1 1/2 hours. Bake 400 approx. 20 min. for buns.

Enjoy!

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish