You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:28 am 

Hi gang –

For those of you in the Eastern Ontario/Western Quebec area, I have been asked to forward the invitation below. Just FYI – I plan on attending.

I would encourage those of you dealing with both anaphylaxis and asthma to take advantage of the Lung Association’s many resources, in particular their Certified Asthma Educators. In Ottawa we are very fortunate to have Rosario Holmes, CAE, who did two workshops at the recent AAIA Conference.

Rosario is a lovely person with a great sense of humour, tri-lingual (Fr, En, Spanish) and very well-educated about asthma. My husband and son and I have met with Rosario twice in the past 2 years, and I have found her to be a tremendous help in our efforts to get my youngest son’s asthma under control.

K.

==========================================================
THE LUNG ASSOCIATION
2319 St. Laurent Blvd.
Suite 500
Ottawa, Ontario
K1G 4G8

Dear Karen,

More than one million people in Ontario live with lung disease. The Lung Association has been an important part of the Ottawa community for many years, helping to improve lung health for people living in and around the city.

We are now proud to announce our new healthcare services location and we would like you to join us in marking this special occasion at our upcoming official opening.

At this new location we continue to serve the community through our two leading lung health programs: The Asthma Education Centre and the BreathWorks COPD Maintenance Program, under the expert direction of Rosario Holmes, Registered Respiratory Therapist, Certified Asthma Educator and COPD Educator. As well, we continue to maintain and expand our community based services to meet the needs of the Ottawa region.

The Lung Association’s Open House will be held:

Tuesday, November 27th, 2007
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Official ribbon cutting ceremony at 5 p.m.

2319 St. Laurent Blvd., Suite 500, Ottawa (between Walkley & Conroy)

Refreshments will be served.

Please join our board members, Canadian and Provincial Lung Association staff and key dignitaries recognize this vital community program in its new location.

We look forward to having you at this event. Please RSVP to Mrs. Jean Moonah, Administrative Assistant, The Lung Association Ottawa, jmoonah@on.lung.ca or call 613-230-4200.

Yours truly,

George Habib
President and CEO

Cc: Rosario Holmes, RRT, CAE/COPD Educator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:20 am 
Site Admin

How exciting! I hope to attend. The Lung Association has been amazingly generous in their information packages.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:15 am 

For those of you in the Ottawa/Gatineau area: Just a reminder of the open house tomorrow.

K.