You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:47 am 

Hello!

We have been using the Pc lactose free margarine for several years now. It came in a 2 lb size which was great for us since we use so much of it. My daughter has a severe milk allergy. It was available in No Frills right in our town. For a few weeks now it was not stocked at our store so I called the PC/ Loblaws info line and was told that they are changing their PC products. The lactose free margarine will only be available in a 1lb size and in selected stores. We will have to drive out of town to get it. We could use Fleischman's but it is more expensive and I find it doesn't bake as well. We actually prefer the taste of the PC margarine also. I am going to talk to our store manager at NO Frills to see if there is anything he can do to bring it in. Has anyone else had the same problem? This is such a food basic to us. I'm so dissappointed about this.

Post subject: pc marg
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:59 pm 

My daughter is also severly allergic to milk. I had been using it for about a year and a half when I noticed that in french it said "equip latier". Um, does that mean that it shares equiptment with dairy.

I phoned and they said yes it does and the warning was not on the package in English.
I WAS SO MAD!!!! :evil:

So they have changed to a blue menu product "lactose free marg" that has a dairy warning on it!!!! :evil:

Check out Canola harvest lactose free. I phoned and harassed them too about how it is manufactured. It shares equipt. but they clean twice and test for traces of milk so they do not feel that they need to have a dairy warning. Apparently Fleishmans does that too. I think that since the recall of fleishmans they are really careful. Canola harvest bakes really well, and tastes really good but does not spread well.

I've heard of diet imperial margarine being milk-free also but I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know which grocery store chain carries it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:05 pm 

Where do you buy the Canola harvest lactose free margarine? I have never heard of it. I received a mixed message from PC. I phoned about the margarine when they changed to the Blue Label and they said that their equipment was cleaned between lines so that the margarine is free of traces of milk. I saw a recent flyer from PC and it stated in the add that the margarine was milk free. I will have to call again to clarify.

Thanks
Kate

Post subject: margarine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:02 pm 

When I had phoned pc I was told that they washed equiptment too. I noticed when the blue label marg came out that it had a small dairy warning on it. I'll call too and harass them. The more people who bring it up the better. I bought canola harvest lactose free at safeway, however when I was there on the weekend they were selling out of it and it was being discontinued in its current form. They were unable to tell me if it was being discontinued by the manufacturer, or if safeway stopped selling it, or the package was changing, or the product was changing. I stocked up, but I hope they will still carry it.