You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: WWYD?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:10 pm 

Just a thought (and maybe not a good one)
but - would you consider a "what would you do?" section?

Seems like most of the streams contain posts of this nature but I am sure that some of the readership misses them - I know that since I try to control my cyber-time (with mixed success and failure rates..) I usually only check the form threads that are "applicable" to me. I think we all have moments / situations where we want to elicit the "in this situation, what on earth would you do?!"

call me lazy, i don't want to surf through all the different categories to see who has dilemmas i haven't encountered yet (and could spend time worrying about!), who is dealing with familiar issues and how etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmm, interesting...Gwen?

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:38 am 

I am not sure if this is a good answer, but I have found a method that works well for the way I use this forum. I do visit daily, checking in as if it is my email. I go to the main forum page and click "View posts since last visit" on the right hand side above the red bar on the top of the forum. There usually aren't more than a dozen, and so I do make time to scan the thread topics to see if they apply to my allergies/life situations. If I read one and want to follow the discussion (but maybe don't have time to post), I click "Notify me when a reply is posted" on the bottom of the post and I get an email when a new post has come in. I feel that these strategies help me keep up with the 'hot topics' as well as reveal discussions that I might not have found if I only went by the main topic headers.

Caroline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Renie, I think WWYD is a great thread title but – rather than ending up with advice related to school outings and parenting and birthday parties all mixed into one section – I'd rather leave them in the sections they currently would fall under (e.g. schools or parenting).

What I suggest is that within those section, we could use this title when appropriate: it's a catchier way of saying what some of us have already been writing. For instance:

WWYD is this relatives' situation?
...... about this birthday party issue?
...... about this school situation?

So thanks, I think it's a nice conversational way of bringing up such topics.

As for finding posts, hope you've tried what Caroline suggests; that's what most of us use. (Just wish that type was larger, people can miss it. Not much choice with out-of-the-box software).