You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 am 
What are the odds of me finding one not produced on the same lines? (Other than Enjoy Life chips). I would need it gluten-free, too, but I can look into that part myself. It's the dairy that is hard for this one.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:05 pm 

I have never come across one. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:06 pm 
thank you for your response. i can always just use enjoy life products - i just was seeing if it were possible.
i was in the health food store, and every wrapper had the 'may contain' milk on it. and since i have to watch out for gluten, too, i figured this was a lost battle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:15 pm 

I remember now that Karen posted about a company that does make diary free chocolates but I am not sure about gluten. Here is the link: http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... 7&start=15
Good luck!
Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:16 pm 
thanks! if i ever see them on a shelf, i'll definitely call. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:27 am 

You won't see Twin Cove Confections chocolates on a store shelf - it's an Internet order business.

It would be really nice to be able to find a dairy-free chocolate bar in the stores, wouldn't it? I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed at corner stores where they have rows and rows and rows of chocolate bars -- none of which my youngest can have. :(

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:37 pm 

See http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/vie ... 4886#14886 - I have posted about ricemilk chocolate bars that I have found.

The bars do contain traces of dairy and also nuts, unfortunately. But they are gluten free, so if you can handle traces of dairy, there is such a thing as a dairy-free chocolate bar!

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:10 pm 
no dairy for me! but thanks. i can't have rice either, anyway. oh well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

I saw some chocolate bar molds at the Bulk Barn before Easter.
You could get your Presidents' Choice Decadent Chocolate Chips and melt 1 cup with 1 tbsp of firm margarine (I used vegetable shortening) and pour it into the molds.
If you could eat rice crispies, coconut or nuts you could add this to the mixture.
Where ther's a will; there's a way! :)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 pm 

I found some chocolate bars at Sobey's grocery store, called Green & Black's organic. They cost $3.99 Cdn. They are really good, but quite rich, so you only need to eat a small piece at a time to satisfy your chocolate craving.

http://www.greenandblacks.com/us/catego ... =50&cid=18

Their website has a chart of nutritional facts about each bar. All the Dark chocolate bars are dairy free. The dark chocolate bars are also gluten free except for the mint bar.

http://www.greenandblacks.com/us/nutritionalarea.php

I have an allergy to milk protein and cannot even tolerate traces of milk ingredients without symptoms. I read the ingredients on everything! These bars have become my guilty pleasure for special occasions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 am 

Hello

I am not sure it worth the shipping to Canada, but I recently found a company in Ohio that makes dairy free, gluten free, nut free chocolate bars. My son really likes them.

The company is called Amanda's Own Confections. They aren't in stores (at least that is my understanding) but ship anywhere. A quick google search will give you the website.

Me allergy to morphine only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:33 pm 
don't Green and Blacks have a warning on the label? That is why I have stayed away.

thank you for the info regarding Amanda's Own Confections...shipping is a little pricy, but i will use that as a back-up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:18 pm 

TO satisfy my daughters chocolate craving....
Kroger brand chocolate chips have no milk in them. FMV does not either unless they changed their recipe.

I use a bag of chips add peanutbutter or sunbutter marshmellows and if you want coconut. I melt for a few in microwave then mix until its like hard playdough. You can add marshmellows if you need to.

Use a spoon and put on wax paper and then into fridge. after it cools for 30min you can put into a storage box. The last time I made these i just spread them onto a pan with wa paper on it and then broke them into peices.

My family loves these and they are safe and like eating a candy bar.

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:45 pm 

I found this website that says that they are a committed dairy free (as well as peanut and egg free) facility. I haven't personally tried it yet but I plan to. If anyone else has experience with this company please share. Thanks.
http://www.divvies.com/store/commerce.cgi?display=home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:55 pm 

I've also bought from Amanda's Own. Yes the shipping is pricey but a friend (also has a child the dairy allergy) went together last Easter and bought Easter bunnies, choc bars, jelly beans, choc chips. We just stocked up and split the shipping so it wasn't too bad. DS loved his easter bunny :)