Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:08 pm 

My oldest is 14 she has a milk allergy.
then there is Gene who is 11, Matthias is 7, Maggie is 4 Grace is 3 and Joseph is 1 year

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:10 pm 

So only one of your six has allergies? That's good odds.

Husband- asthma, eggs, treenuts, fish, shellfish environmental
Self - penicillan, eurithromiacin, mild laytex allergy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:13 pm 

Yes I was thinking that too. She developed them in puberty about a year ago so who knows. What will happen to the others in puberty.

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:52 am 

Hi everyone! I've been away awhile...busy with new baby (who is still eczema free). He's 5 months old, still breastfed, and eats rice cereal, so far so good.

Just thought I'd pop in and update everyone. It only seems fair to let fellow allergy moms know when things are going well too. I'd hate to post ONLY to complain or gripe (I do that sometimes too!)

Homeschooling is still going amazing! LOVE working efficiently at their level and following interests. Our homeschool style hasn't changed much...we're still pretty "unschooly" as I called it before. The kids are quite above grade level...so for me it's "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I've discovered recently that my approach to learning at home is pretty close to the basic principals of montessori. So I tend to call myself a "montessori at home" mommy now, if that makes more sense to anyone I'm not sure.

http://www.montessori.edu/homeschooling.html

Quote:
It is quite an interesting collection of people throughout history who have gone to Montessori schools, sent their children to Montessori schools, or supported this method of education in one way or another. The short list includes: Alice Waters, Friedrich Hundertwasser, Julia Child, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Helen Keller, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Mahatma Gandhi, Sigmund Freud, Buckminster Fuller, Leo Tolstoy, Bertrand Russell, Jean Piaget, Erik Erikson, John Holt, Ann Frank, the Dalai Lama, Jacqueline Kennedy, Prince William and Prince Harry of the English royal family, Cher Bono, Yul Brynner, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Yo Yo Ma.

Afew other local homeschool moms and I have started a homeschool co-op!!! Basically the moms will be taking turns planning and implementing activities for the group of kids and such one day a week. Activities like gym time, crafts (folk art, card making, etc.), science experiments, judo, drama, games, etc. etc. It's also a place for those wonderful retired people everyone knows to teach their skills to the next generation (like woodworking and knitting). The lady whose idea it was to start the group is from Ontario and says she belonged to one out there before moving here. I'm not the only "allergy mom" in the group either. It just keeps getting better each year!

Husband- asthma, eggs, treenuts, fish, shellfish environmental
Self - penicillan, eurithromiacin, mild laytex allergy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:30 pm 

Yay! Welcome back!

Reading your email made me smile. Thanks for all the positive energy you give to us 'new to home schooling' moms. Me and the kids are having a ball. Keep writing whenever you get a chance.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:56 pm 

I'm reaching high school this year! (grade 7 over here, in Quebec)
My son is working a lot more, not quite enjoying himself as much as before, but he doesn't know it yet, but this year is quite enjoyable ! LOL.
Right now, he's just complaining about the hours. He's not even complaining about what he has to do. He just wants to play!

me - seafood,, oral allergy syndrome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:43 am 

That's such great news. Thanks for the update. :D