Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Successful Disney Cruise
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:55 am 

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that we had a wonderful time on our Disney Cruise. Though I had seasickness at times and it was too rough to go to Grand Cayman, a good time was had by all.

For food, we had great service to deal with my son's special dietary needs. The head server who normally simply lingers around dealt with us constantly (we did up his tip considerably). I had more issues with fussy eaters than finding stuff that my son could eat safely. The only downside is that we had to wait about 30-45 minutes for lunch (couldn't just grab a hot dog for example) so had to plan at times. Just a note to dairy allergy sufferers, the soap on board contains milk so please bring your own. (A mom with a kid with a dairy allergy on board gave me this info to pass on to you). Also, they do have a lot of shellfish in restaurants. I must admit we did consume some but took some precautions.

We also personally dealt with some chefs and the pastry chef so my son could sample some pretty cool deserts (not just jello). They did even went too far when they served my son their ultra allergen free pancakes - he hated them as they were gluten free (so they do deal with gluten free diets too).

So I definitely recommend them but check with their special needs people before you reserve to see if they can accommodate your particular circumstance.

son - born 1998, allergy to peanut, nuts, sesame, shellfish and kiwi; a bunch of allergies to plants, animals, etc. and asthma
daughter - born 2003, no known allergies