You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:24 pm 

Hi

My family will be travelling to WDW in Orlando next month. I am wondering if anyone can suggest specific restaurants in the park where they had good experiences or ones that I might avoid.

We never eat out a restaurants so this is a huge step for us. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:25 am 

We travelled to Disney World last January. We do not eat out because my daughter has so many allergies so we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins where we had our own full kitchen. We did ask while walking around the park about "safe foods" but didnt find anything that my daughter could have ( I dont know your allergies) We did eat in a restaurant on the Fort Wilderness Resort one night. We spoke to the Chef who asked us to let him know ahead of time which night we would be coming so they could make arrangements for a safe meal for my daughter. Apparently all restaurants at Disney will make sure your needs are met. I would strongly suggest you phone Disney before your vacation and let them know of your needs. Make sure they have specially cleaned your room for allergens and they will let you speak to a person regarding dining requirements.

You can go to a grocery store and buy snacks to take with you in the park or keep in your hotel room too. Much cheaper and it puts your mind at rest. We went out every morning, back to the hotel for lunch, rested and then back out again for the afternoon.

You will have an amazing time. You just have to plan ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:56 am 

Laura,

I have had wonderful experiences in many of the Disney sit-down restaurants. We always make reservations ahead and let them know about my allergies at that point. I have often had the chef come out from the kitchen to speak to me, and let me know about ingredients, and reassure me that they will check labels of anything not made from scratch. I think Disney takes allergies quite seriously.

Soccermom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 am 

We have travelled twice to Disney in the last 4 years. Our daughter's allergens are PN,TN,Egg and Sesame. We booked all our dinner reservations in advance and the chef of each restaurant that we ate in came to our table in advance of ordering. They were very helpful and always brought the food prepared for our daughter out themselves!
Make sure that you remind everyone and ask questions....they are terrific and always willing to go the extra mile