You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Quick Introduction.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm 

My names Raquel. Im 28. Im married to Cliff who is 30. We have 3 children. Robert 7, Jade 4 and Justin 2 months.

Just recently, Justin was diagnosted with a dairy allergy. Ive cut out all dairy from MY diet so that I can continue to breastfeed as long as possible. It was a hard, lifestyle altering decision and I miss milk but the pros out weighed the cons and so here we are.

I was looking around for information and came across this site. Looks informational so far so Ill stick around and see what I can learn from others going through the same stuff.

Thats all I got :D

Me: No food allergies that I know of

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Raquel! What did you find the hardest part of giving up milk to be? For me it was findng something else to put in my coffee!

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:12 pm 

HaHa, yeah I can see the coffee being an issue with no creamer.

Well, for me is was cutting out 95% of my everyday eatting. Milk was a HUGE part of my life. I mean you guys know, milk is in just about everything! So I had to cut out my fav foods. Although it gives me a reason to buy more healthy stuff and shapen my hubby up.

I feel great though. The best Ive felt in months because of dropping all the icky foods and taking up healthy stuff.

Plus, my little man isnt colicy anymore and seems happier! Thats all that counts!

Me: No food allergies that I know of

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:15 am 
Site Admin

Yes, I'll bet your cholesterol levels go down!
Feel free to wander about the forum - don't read to much too fast. Information burn out is a side effect!
Don't go borrowing trouble either. (I've learned this the hard way!) Don't read too much about school and work issues now. Try to focus on immediate issues. Much can change in few years and you may not have the same issues if you are still dealing with allergies at that time.
Be kind to yourself and your hubby. The first year can be the worst, each season brings with it new challenges. Once you've got that under your belt, you'll probably coast along easilyfor a while.
If you have any questions, post them under the best possible subject title and I'm sure you'll get suggestions.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:47 pm 

Hi and welcome to the site! I'm Krista. I am married to a man who is allergic to a bunch of stuff (including dairy, wheat, and potatoes) and my youngest son is also allergic to a bunch of stuff (including eggs, oranges, tomatoes, and potatoes).
When I was pregnant my youngest I started out cutting nuts completely out of my diet. We discovered he was allergic to eggs and I cut all eggs out of my diet. I nursed him for 4 years. It wasn't always easy, I love butter tarts and couldn't eat any for years. :(
It can be a challenge cutting food out of your diet, but your little guy is so much healthier and happier because of it.