PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 am 
Site Admin

I just heard about this carrier:
http://www.takeincase.com/epipen-carrier.aspx

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:19 pm 

Thanks for this Susan. I liked the look of these (in terms of convenience and suitability), and my husband thought he would really like something like this for when he's out bike riding with the kids. I've gone ahead and ordered the "Take In Case - set of 2 (black)" for $40 (US$). Shipping is an additional $15.29. The set of 2 gives you a regular size (good for a child, or the upper arm of a woman) + large size (good for a man, or lower leg of a woman). This item is backordered, but once it comes in, I will post our opinion about the product.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm 

We have received the arm/calf Epipen carrier, and we are happy with the purchase. I don't think it will replace the daily wearing of the Epibelt for our son; however, I do think it does serve a specific need. I think our son could wear this style when he's skiing or biking. When our son is skiing, he finds the Epibelt uncomfortable, and we always take the Epipen out of the Epibelt and zip it into his jacket. With this arm/calf holder, we have another option for when he does not want the Epibelt. I tried the large size on, and it's definitely the right size for me - and I am not a large person. The regular size is a good size for our 7 year old son.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 am 

I like the fact that this carrier can be used on your calf under your jeans. There are so many times in the summer that I don't have a pocket to put the epi in and I hate carrying a purse. This would be perfect for those days. Thanks for the link!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:43 am 

backordered -- but it still didn't take very long.

Glad to hear you are pleased with it Julie.