* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:10 pm 

Hi Gwen,

I appreciate your thoughts.

Hearing people's experiences is important to me. Dealing with allergies, especially multiple anaphylactic allergies (and contact reactivity), can be isolating. Because right now we pretty much live in a bubble, it's nice to know that there is a community out there in cyberspace where I can go and connect with people who might understand a bit of what my life is like.

As the Site Admin you do have a certain amount of authority on this forum, and I really do appreciate that you are open-minded enough to at least allow people to share opinions that are alternative to the mainstream.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

From a coroner's inquest in Dublin - http://tinyurl.com/cvzar9

This peanut-allergic fellow with asthma died following a NAET treatment. The kinesiologist called the ambulance but couldn't save the man - no epinephrine.

One of the many confounding things about food allergy is that the immune system does not always react consistently. I've heard stories with shellfish especially in which someone gets sick on shrimp or lobster one time, has a little bit another time with no response, and a third time - full-blown anaphylaxis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:46 pm 

Would you really trust someone who has "taken a few courses" on medical treatment to "cure" your child of allergies? Honestly, I don't know how these quacks get away with what they do. I don't mean to be harsh, but come on people ...

You should only EVER allow a regulated health care professional to treat your child. And by regulated, I mean someone that is in a health profession that has a governing body that licenses that person, provides an outlet for discipline, complaints & investigation, and regularly examines the competence of that person. That "professional" should also carry at least 2 million in liability insurance. It's not difficult to find out if that person is regulated - just look up the licensing body of that province or state, and give them a call.

I think it's more than just risking a few bucks, then moving on if it doesn't work. It's safety, first & foremost.

Post subject: BIE
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:42 pm 

I am a health care professional with 9 years of university education in the health sciences and I have recently started BIE treatment for multiple allergies. My understanding is that the treatment is based on acupuncture (which has been around for a very long time and has been proven to be effective for some conditions).

I have allergies to indoor and outdoor allergens as well as multiple food allergies including tree nuts. My allergies affect me 12 months of the year. I have taken antihistamines for so long that I have built up a tolerance to the point where the ones that do not have undesirable side effects do not work any more. I carry an epipen at all times.

BIE treatment is non-invasive and at worst will have no effect on my allergies. If it reduces my allergies to the point that I can get through the day and night without itchy, watery eyes, runny nose, sinus congestion, sneezing, chronic cough, etc., I am willing to give it a try. I have no intention of eating tree nuts and other foods which have caused problems in the past until an allergist has confirmed that those allergies are no longer present.

Just because a treatment does not fall within the understanding of western medicine does not mean that it will not work. I like to keep an open mind about these things.

And... after 2 treatments, my allergies seem to be greatly improved. It will be interesting to see how things go over the next few months.