You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:45 pm 

We have been buying Jane's Space Shape Chicken Nuggets for a number of years. They are dairy and egg free. My husband recently purchased a box. It has new packaging on it now (Disney Pixar). I checked the ingredients because of the new packaging and sure enough the product now contains dairy and egg products. I called Jane's to ask if they are still producing the old dairy and egg free chicken nuggets. The representative said that this a new recipe that they are using and that the old product is no longer available. However, she said that they have recieved a number of complaints from people like myself who have children with dairy and/or egg allergies. And so they are condsidering this information. I am hoping that they will go back to the original product. Those chicken nuggets were very handy for birthday parties as my daughter cannot consume most party fare! If there is anyone else out there who uses Jane's products I would encourage you to call them and express your disappointment with the change in this product. Their telephone number is: 1-800-56 JANES Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:51 pm 

That always sucks when a company takes a product off the market that was safe for you or your kids. You could always try making some yourself. I'm sure there must a recipe somewhere and you can replace the eggs and dairy product with something safe for you and your kids.

Post subject: chicken nuggets
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:35 pm 

My four year old loves these. My two year old is now allergic to chicken so I was planning on banning them from our house, but I'll phone anyways and complain about taking away a great milk/egg free product for kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:38 pm 

I'll call too, though I've never heard of them, just on principle!

Post subject: nuggets
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:29 pm 

I phoned today. They said that they have gotten numerous calls and are seriously considering bringing them back.

Keep calling...maybe we can convince them to bring them back, and maybe even add a few other safe products too!