All times are UTC - 4 hours

How do your kids carry their Epi-pens?
In a soft belly-pack around their waist 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
In a hard Epi-belt 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
My child doesn't carry his/her own Epi-pens (due to young age) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: ISO double Epi-belt
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:05 pm 

My 9 yr old needs a new Epi-belt. We have had his for over 3 yrs now and cannot remember where I ordered it from. :( From what I remember the one we have was designed by a mom who got frustrated with not being able to find a safe way for her kids to carry their Epi-pens.

It holds 2 epi-pens; has a very hard case around the epi's and a heavy-duty plastic clip. Anyone seen these? They are amazing in case anyone is looking for something to safely carry epi's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Our daughter still fits into the hard black E-belt that we got for her before she started school 5 years ago (she's slender).
She has a pink soft belt that she prefers. It's becoming very worn so I think next year I may refer to the black one as the play/sports belt and the new pink one as her dressy belt.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

The hard, black one is the E-belt - http://www.ebelt.ca
- and yes, AL mag wrote about the mom-preneur who started it a couple of years ago. A clever woman with 3 soccer-mad sons, who knew all about the need for durability.

I love Susan's idea of the "dressy belt"- lol.

At the magazind, a lot of pouches get sent to us. I really like the ones by KoziEpi - http://www.kozyepi.com/epipen.htm and those by Blue Bear Aware's - http://www.bluebearaware.com/EpiPen_Twi ... s_s/58.htm

Post subject: Thanks :)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:02 pm 

My DS has the ebelt. :) I think I'll order another one since his current epi-belt has lasted him 4 years already.

Thanks so much for the other information. I looked at the other sites but I don't think their products are what my DS needs. Their products seemed like little more than a belly pack. I didn't like how the epi-pens could easily fall out if the zipper unzipped. Also, they're not UV protective either. I like the fact that they're soft for comfort but with a very active boy I need something that will protect the Epi-pens. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:26 pm 

My son uses the belt from Medic Alert http://www.medicalert.ca/en/products/li ... p?typeId=2

Post subject: Thanks Jenn072
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:35 pm 

That looks just like the ebelt. :) I think the price is better on the medicalert site too. Thanks for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:56 am 
Site Admin

This is the website of the belt we use:
http://www.livalittle.ca/index.asp

Post subject: Thanks Susan ...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:12 am 

unfortunately that site only has one epi-belt and it's in pink -- a colour my almost 10 yr old son isn't fond of ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

No! It has more colours...http://www.livalittle.ca/colorchart.asp

Post subject: ohhhh, thanks. :)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 pm 

I didn't see that there were different colours. I thought it was odd that they only had one pattern. :)

I'm pretty sure that we're going to go for a hard case again. I'm concerned that the soft-sided cases don't protect the Epi-pens enough from UV exposure and the usual wear and tear that kids Epi-pens go through. I like the thick velcro that holds the epi-pens in the holder too. Plus, my DS is used to the hard case (which lasted us over 3 years already). Thanks for the info though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 pm 

Our son has worn the hard E-belt since he was 3.5 yrs old. He wore it for about 3 years, and we replaced it with the next size up since it was getting too small. We have been very happy with the E-belt for our active 7 year old boy. My husband and I have various carriers including the Anatote (designed to carry a single, or double Epipen). We also found a waterproof carrier for our son when he goes swimming at a large place where there is not quick access to his epi (eg. Great Wolf Lodge!) http://www.medicalert.ca/en/products/pr ... d=2&p=C120 I bought a bathing suit with very large low pockets (gotta love these new styled bathing suits for boys with the big pockets :wink: ) and our son just puts this in his pocket, and we're off!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

Post subject: Julie ...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:04 pm 

thanks for the info for the waterproof Epi-pen tube. I'll probably order one too. DH and I didn't know what to do with DS's Epi-pen when we were at the waterpark at Wonderland last year. Unfortunately I'll have to hunt around for bathing suits with pretty large pockets lol.