You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 am 

HI.

We are driving to Wasaga Beach in August for the first time. I hear it has a great beach. We have a hotel with a kitchen so we will be preparing most of our meals there.
My DD is allergiic to peanuts/legumes (soy is OK) treenuts and shellfish.
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any restaurants there that would be safe for us. Is there a McDonalds or Swiss Chalet?

Also, we will be going to Canadas Wonderland for 1 day and was wondering about the food there. Are you allowed to bring food inside the park?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:19 am 
Site Admin

How timely, I just happened to write to Canada's Wonderland about this very question!

Q/
Quote:
We are thinking about visiting your park this summer. Our daughter has severe (life threatening) allergies to many foods (peanuts/tree nuts/dairy/eggs/legumes) for which we carry Epi-Pens.

Is it possible for us to bring food into the park for her? What is allowed and how do we identify ourselves as requiring this exception?

A/
Quote:
Due to medical reasons your daughter may bring in her own food. However, it cannot be meal size portions only snack size or individual sized portions. As for drinks, only unopened bottles of water are allowed into the park. Enjoy your visit!

Thank you for contacting Canada's Wonderland.

If you should have any questions or concerns, please do not hestitate to contact me. Have a great day!

Please be advised that for our 2009 season, picnic baskets and coolers are welcome at the pavillion located outside the front gates near the main entrance. With the exceptions of special diet/need items and limited snack items, outside food and beverages are not allowed in the park. Water bottles may be brought into the park.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Katherine

Guest Services Coordinator
Canada's Wonderland

(P) 905-832-8131

(F) 905-832-7419

For more information about the park, http://www.canadaswonderland.com/visit/visit_tips.cfm

For more information about the restaurants in the park
http://www.canadaswonderland.com/attrac ... m?ac_id=37

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:30 pm 

We visit Canada's Wonderland often (we have the Season's Pass) and I always bring our own food in. Anytime that I've been questioned about it I just show our son's epipen and we have not experienced any hassles. We typically pack a lunch,snacks and drinks