You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 am 

I have kept my Ice cream maker dormant for too long. I would like to make some frozen yogurt. I love cream cheese and have been trying to find out what I would need to add to the machine to make some kind of blueberry cream cheese yogurt. If anyone has made this type of treat before I would love to hear how to make it. Also would like to hear about any other yummy treats that I could make in the Ice cream maker, I am thinking mocha flavor sounds good as well. I have only made vanilla one time It was o.k. as I added too much vanilla, will do better next time. I can have dairy but only buy chapmans at the store as all others say "may contain" I also cannot have any chapmans with chocolate chips.. as they contain coconut oil. All those Ice creams with Smarties, Oreo, Rolo all look so good. Dairy Queen is so off limits but a blizzard sure looks great on a hot day. (Today was like plus 30)
O.K. Enough with that pitty party. Time to make my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:08 am 

I have no idea how to make that since I stick to milk-free recipes, but you could try converting this recipe:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/1 ... 9819.shtml

I made dairy-free vanilla ice cream and swirled home-made caramel sauce into it a few weeks ago. It was awesome. You really just have to try and see what happens.

You can pretty much google what you want and you will find a ton of recipes, I am sure!

Good luck!

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:54 pm 

Thank you Karen for the recipe it looks good I will try it this week. Caramel sauce in Vanilla sounds good as well. I think I need to try to put Smarties in one batch as well. I must pace my self I will have too much to eat. :shock: :shock:
My daughter can only take so much sweets but my son is like me and could eat chocolate for breakfast. I must set a good example. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:09 am 
Site Admin

5 minute icecream in a zip-lock bag!
How about camping?
Ingredients
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup half and half (I'm going to try this with nutriwhip which is dairy free)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
1 pint-size ziplock bag
1 gallon-size ziplock bag
Mix Ins – Chopped strawberries or 1 tsp locally made maple syrup
Directions
Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly.

Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it's done.

Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy cleanup too!

Serves 1.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 pm 

We recently bought an ice cream maker, and use it for frozen yogourt. I just mix together some low fat stirred yogourt (peach or strawberry), add a little milk & sugar, give it a stir and put in the the machine. I serve it when it's similar to soft serve, the kids LOVE it, we have it about once a week. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:35 am 
Site Admin

Oooh, great idea! :D

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:42 pm 

So I made the Blueberry cheesecake Ice cream yesterday. It was o.k. a few too many blueberries for me it is quite sweet as well. Glad I made it though as It had been on my to do list for a while. Next up is Marshmellow Ice cream. So far we prefer frozen yogurt we have had peach, blueberry, strawberry... basiclly they are all good. I feel better with it being yogurt less sugary treat, and so far we even enjoy it more.